Engineering Technician – Norwich
The Engineering Technician will have full responsibility for the team of engineering technicians, providing planning and practical support to ensure the effective and efficient performance of the processes, from goods into despatch.
As well as providing support for the engineering and technical staff, the Engineering Technician will need to actively participate in the scheduled maintenance, respond to breakdowns etc and act in a hands-on manner if required.
The Engineering Technician will also have responsibility for key metrics such as MTTR and MTBF as well as primary budget management inconnection with technical stores. In addition, this role is a key contributor for ideas and improvement to continuously improve the performance of the Farm.
Role and Responsibilities
- To have ownership of and lead a team of Engineering technicians
- Diagnose faults, repair equipment and be hands on if required
- Managing budgets and maintaining statistical and financial records,
- Suggesting ideas for continuous improvement
- Has a mix of strategic and operational skills (50/50 operational and strategic)
- Previous experience leading an engineering team
- NHD/HNC Qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
- Previous exposure to Food Industry
- Experienced working in a BRC compliant and hygienic environment.
Please contact: email@example.com
Production Operative – Barton-under-Needwood and Norwich
Fischer Farms are looking for Production Operative to join the team at their Farms in Barton-under-Needwood and Norwich to facilitate the running of automated vertical farming machinery, including harvesting, sowing and automated retrieval from growing locations. The role will involve monitoring growing conditions within the farming environment, performing routine hygiene tasks, out loading of finished product, and quality control.
Roles and responsibilities: –
- Monitoring of growing conditions within the vertical farm to ensure a constant growing environment is maintained.
- Running an automated storage and retrieval system for moving product around the farm.
- Monitoring the automated harvesting and sowing operations.
- Manual weighing and bulk packing of product ready for dispatch.
- Routine daily hygiene tasks, including but not limited to sweeping, clean down of process line and cleaning of process areas and goods in/out areas.
- Dispatch of finished goods by forklift from cold storage.
- Preparation of production areas ready for processing, including but not limited to restocking of process line, crate washing and restocking of growing media.
- Addition of nutrient solutions and salts to irrigation and RO systems, along with regular checking of these systems.
- Completion of auditing and checklist for quality purposes to ensure conformance.
- Have an active role in providing solutions for continuous improvements.
- Ensure adherence to food safety regulations and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Compile safe work instructions and play an active role in the production of risk assessments for production areas.
- Use of a forklift truck for offloading goods in and loading goods out, as well as moving of equipment and stock within the farm.
- Help maintain Good Manufacturing process by keeping work areas clean and tidy.
- Any additional reasonable tasks that your line manager deems appropriate.
- Experience of working within a high care food manufacturing facility.
- Good communication skills to communicate with a dispersed supporting team.
- Forklift license would be an advantage, although full training will be provided.
- Reliable mode of transport for reaching a remote work location.
- Acceptable command of the English Language.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org